About Me

My photo
The aim for this project is for my group and I to create a music video that follows the codes and conventions of others with a similar target audience in the current market and use techniques to make the audience relate to it. We hope if the target audience were to see our video, a sense of verisimilitude would be created as our video would use similar features and conventions to others in the market.

Tuesday 19 April 2011

Development: Planning Photography


 

Before we started our photography, I planned the type of shot we wanted and the mise en scene used. I found this image of Taylor Swift and wanted to capture a similar image of our own artist. I sketched out this image and said what type of shot it would be (close up on a blank wall) and also noted the mise en scene. I planed this photography so we did not waste time when filming and we knew exactly what we needed to capture.
 
This is the shot that I took. However, although I followed all the plan there was some changes I needed to make in Photoshop to make my image look more alike to the original image found of Taylor.

I made this image brighter by using Adobe Photoshop, by changing the brightness made the final image look more professional and like the image I was aiming for it to look like.


This is the final image. I also used the 'spot healing' tool on Photoshop to remove the artists mole, to created a more flawless look and therefore following the codes and conventions of artists photography.


This is another shot that I liked and wanted to use a similar shot for my ancillary tasks.








When trying this type of shot out on our own artist, we found that a birds eye view shot complimented the artist more than a low angle shot.
When I went to edit this image in Potoshop to match the lighting of the original image I found that there were no changes I needed to make as the brightness was already similar. However, because this shot was not planned well enough, the mise en scene did not fit in with our consistent style, as the artist is wearing black, and therefore I did not use it as a main image in my ancillary tasks. We learnt from this mistake and from then on always planned our photography and filming so no time was wasted in our production process.

No comments:

Post a Comment