About Me

My photo
The aim for this project is for my group and I to create a music video that follows the codes and conventions of others with a similar target audience in the current market and use techniques to make the audience relate to it. We hope if the target audience were to see our video, a sense of verisimilitude would be created as our video would use similar features and conventions to others in the market.

Monday 25 April 2011

Planning, Development & Evaluation: From first draft to final product


I made a big mistake as I stared my production process because I didn't plan my work well enough. Although I had an idea what I wanted my digipak to look like because I have been inspired by existing products, I jumped stright into creating and didn't make a first pencil draft.

Because of this, my middle page looked unconventional and unprofessional as I didn't plan the style or motifs. I therefore changed my middle page.


Although I spent more time planning this page, my peers and teachers didn't like the way that the page was horizontal because this is not a common digipak convention. They did however like the Social Networking feature, so I incorporated this into my next plan.


I made this detailed plan to make sure I knew exactly what to include. This included the fonts and type of shots.


Here is my final page. My creating a pencil draft really helped me to getting the page looking conventional and professional.



I had the same problem with my perfume advert and my first draft looked bland because of this. I didn't plan the photography well enough and therefore used an inappropriate photograph for a glamorous perfume advert!

By planning the style, photography and features to include, I was able to create a conventional and professional final product.


No comments:

Post a Comment