About Me

My photo
The aim for this project is for my group and I to create a music video that follows the codes and conventions of others with a similar target audience in the current market and use techniques to make the audience relate to it. We hope if the target audience were to see our video, a sense of verisimilitude would be created as our video would use similar features and conventions to others in the market.

Thursday 24 February 2011

Development: Poster Development

Here is how my poster has changed from the first draft to the final product. Here I shall also show how my product meets the codes and conventions of a perfume advert that is currently in the market.
This was my first draft for my perfume advert. The aspects I liked about my first draft were that the font used 'handwriting-Dekoto' is the same font used in my digipak, showing consistency throughout my products and the pink used also shows this. However, there were many problems with this piece, such as the image, which did not match the codes and conventions of a perfume advert. The image is not glamorous or mysterious like most perfume advert images I researched were and the outdoors look was not one that matched with advertising perfume. Therefore, I decided to use a more appropriate image. Also, my teachers and I agreed that the artist's name did not stand out enough, not allowing the advert to catch the audience's attention or match the conventions of a perfume advert.

Screen+shot+2011-02-24+at+21.57.56.png

This is my second draft. I like how the banner doesn't cover the photograph because of the opacity tool I used on the image via Adobe Photoshop, meaning that the effect of the strong image still has an effect on the audience. I added a review from LOOK Magazine, as reviews are a common convention of a perfume advert. I thought that LOOK Magazine has the same target audience as the artist, therefore if the target audience we're to see that those who read Look would like it, then they would too. I added a Boots logo as this is also a common convention of a perfume ad, as well as the smaller text at the bottom of the page and the website.


I only made a small change to the final product. The text 'With love' on the previous draft has not been used before in any of my groups or my own products and we needed the products to have consistent typography throughout. Therefore, I changed this to the font 'Handwriting- Dakota' which is a font used throughout the digipak, meaning that the products are consistent. This is important to audience attraction. I also added the five star feature to my product as this is a common convention of perfume adverts and by having this review would also make the perfume more appealing to the target audience for if those who read Look magazine thinks the perfume is five stars then so will they as they too read the magazine and have the same intrests as those who like it.


Comparing my product to that of a similar artist, I think they are similar but unique in many ways.


No comments:

Post a Comment