About Me

My photo
The aim for this project is for my group and I to create a music video that follows the codes and conventions of others with a similar target audience in the current market and use techniques to make the audience relate to it. We hope if the target audience were to see our video, a sense of verisimilitude would be created as our video would use similar features and conventions to others in the market.

Sunday 20 February 2011

Development: Album cover conventions



I decided to use a black and white image on my front cover because I thought this album cover is the most effective of those I have researched. Hilary Duff also has the same target audience as our artist, meaning that the audience would see the album cover and think there is something in the album for them.





These album covers are all similar to mine in the way that they all have a close up of the artist's face, and the artist is not smiling. Many are also similar in the way the artist has her mouth parted and there are also similarities in the artists' hair, which in many of these album covers, is wavy and not perfect. This could suggest to the audience that the artist's are not perfect, like the audience, and perhaps listening to this album could give them an insight into other similarities the audience and the artist share.
When comparing my album cover to the others of current artists', it is clear that the typography I have used it too bright, therefore I shall tone in down more to make sure it meets the codes and conventions of a Digipak.

No comments:

Post a Comment