About Me

My photo
The aim for this project is for my group and I to create a music video that follows the codes and conventions of others with a similar target audience in the current market and use techniques to make the audience relate to it. We hope if the target audience were to see our video, a sense of verisimilitude would be created as our video would use similar features and conventions to others in the market.

Wednesday 23 March 2011

Development: Changes made in digipak


This was a page in my digipak which featured the artist's websites and a competition for the audience. I also used a horizontal poster feature which is a feature I had seen used in a digipak and thought was effective. However, there were two problems I encountered and had to take into consideration:
1. Although I had seen the poster feature used it was only in one digipak and was not a common convention. The artist that used this feature was Rihanna and she was able to use this feature in her Digipak because her fan base is already large so she doesn't necessarily have to follow the codes and conventions to attract the audience as everybody already knows of her music.
2. Production credits is a feature that almost every digipak has and therefore I decided to change this page to a production credits double page so I met the codes and conventions of a digipak, creating a sense of verisimilitude for the audience as they are used to seeing this feature on other digipak's.


When I gave this draft to my teacher, he said that he liked the layout and style of the page but that I should take away the gaps between the images. When I showed this draft to one of my peers, they pointed out that I had already used the image of our artist sitting against the mirror and the artist on the rug in the previous collage and to show the range of photography that we have I should use new images that have not be shown before. I therefore changed two of the four photos to images the were not previously used in my collage.


The image on the top right is very similar to the image used on my perfume advert meaning that if the audience were to see the perfume advert and had previously seen the Digipak they would be able to relate the two products straight away. My group and I have used the same types of images and house style throughout to insure they relate as other products of similar artists do.
To make sure my production credits had the same occupation names as other digipaks I followed the same style as a current Digipak. When I gave this too my teacher for feedback the advised me to change the production credits slightly as some said 'by...' and others had a colon. I shall put a colon on all of the occupation and names to ensure that this convention is followed.
An intertextual reference is used and the top of the page as I have put a quote about the production team from an autobiography by the artist. This means that if the target audience were to see the digipak, it would make them aware that Pixie Lott has an autobiography and make them want to buy it thinking if they like this album then they must like the book.
The font used for the quote is also 'Handwriting- Dakota', a font used throughout my ancillary products, making them consistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment