About Me

My photo
The aim for this project is for my group and I to create a music video that follows the codes and conventions of others with a similar target audience in the current market and use techniques to make the audience relate to it. We hope if the target audience were to see our video, a sense of verisimilitude would be created as our video would use similar features and conventions to others in the market.

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Development: changes made in perfume advert and final product



Here is my last draft of my perfume advert and my final product. I have made some changes between the two to make my perfume advert more appealing to the audience. Firstly, I didn't think the perfume bottle I originally used was right for my product. It was not 'girly' or 'delicate' enough and therefore was not consistent with the other products, therefore not attracting the audience to the extent it could. The new perfume bottle I think is more appealing- it's colour matches the house style and the text used makes it look much more professional than the one previously used. Also, the glow around the bottle stands out a lot more because of the contrasting colours.
To reinforce the motif of the colour white used in the music video and on other ancillary task's created by members of my group, I changed the colour of 'With Love...' from pink to white. This not only makes the text stand out more but also fits with the style more as it matches the colour of the artist's scarf and the pearl in her ring. The pearl symbolises purity and innocence, which mirrors the 'soft' and 'delicate' style used throughout all of the products. This also makes the audience idolise the artist more as it shows she is a good and kind person. Also, if a parent were to be buying the perfume for their daughter, they would be happier and more likely to buy it if this message were brought across rather than if a rebellious style was used. This would perhaps lead the parent to buying more products by the artist, such as her album or concert tickets.
Following the codes and conventions of perfume adverts, I moved the information of where to buy the product to the centre of the page. Although this was only a small change, I think it makes the perfume advert look much more professional.
After asking my teacher for feedback on the product, we agreed that I should make the banner of my product a lighter pink so the heart next to the artist's name could be seen. The lighter pink also fits in more with my house style as a light pink is used throughout the digipak. It also reflects the delicate and soft style used throughout, if I kept the hot pink then a 'sexy' feel my be put across to the audience, a style which I did not want to create.
I think the perfume advert is very similar to those currently in the market, making it modern and therefore matching the personality of the audience. If the perfume advert look old fashioned then the audience would perhaps not buy this product because they would think the perfume would make them smell old fashioned. However, if the perfume advert looks stylish and modern they would be more likely to buy it because they would think that the smell of the perfume would match their personality. The gaze theory is used as the audience think that if they wear this product, they would be modern and stylish like the artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment